Sunday, February 2, 2014

Olivia Anne

On January 23, 2014 my sweet little niece Olivia was born sleeping.

Your earthly life was like a shooting star on a cloudy night.  Your extraordinary light and beauty may not have been seen by the world, but your life was not any less magical and amazing.  Just as we were expecting your arrival and marveling in the beauty of your Mother's growing belly; you were gone. Gone before we were able to experience your bright eyes, sweet newborn cries, and warm snuggles. I know Heavenly Father has a bigger plan for you.  I think of how choice of a spirit you are that our Father in Heaven needed you back home so quickly.  But still, the pain of losing you hurts.  The questions of why will forever plague our minds.  Even in your stillness as I held you and smelled your sweet baby smell, and caressed your soft baby skin reveling in how perfect you were, I knew your life had purpose.  The impression you left on the hearts of the ones who love you will never be forgotten.  Before we buried you, my children and the rest of  your cousins picked out something special for you to place in your casket and all of your family wrote you letters to be sent up to heaven to you by balloons.  Your big brother was so excited for you to get the balloon he sent to soar up into the clouds.  The toy we picked out for you was a butterfly rattle because Kalista said all babies love toys that make noise and you were like a butterfly because you had wings now, but instead you are an angel.  She is right, you will always be our Angel Olivia, and our olive branch to the heavens. Until we meet again sweet niece...


























An angel in the book of life
 Wrote down this baby's birth
And whispered as she closed the book...
Too beautiful for earth
-Unknown

4 comments:

  1. That was so beautiful. Moved me to tears with the first word. I'm glad your sister has such good family support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing not only your beautiful words, but those precious moments for your sister's beautiful family. I too, have experienced the loss of a sweet angel who was just too precious to even take a breath in this life. My heart goes out to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your sister and beautiful family, after experiencing loss from miscarriage (even though I never saw my baby girl), I won't even pretend to understand the level of grief you all are enduring. God has been so close to us through our loss, and I pray you know His comfort and feel His presence so personally. He's so faithful his promise to be close to the brokenhearted and crushed in spirit, just as he promises. Only His words truly comfort. God bless you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. I pray your family is healing and prayers for that sweet child.

    ReplyDelete